Thursday, July 10, 2008

How I'm going to save Christmas



Much like the Great Schism that divided Christianity into the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches, Jim Carlton of the Wall Street Journal today reports of a divide among the Amalgamated Order of Real-Bearded Santas, one of the most prominent Santa organizations in the country. Carlton reports that the fraternity of Kringles are accusing each other of "profiteering and behaving in un-Santa-like ways." While it's unlike me to say I told you so, I naturally saw this coming. You can't bring together a coalition of large men jockeying for a throne of authority without a little violence, and to prove my point:
As the mixed metaphors go: you can't make Christmas without cracking a few eggs. Still, this development has led me to take a bold leap, one that I never thought I'd be inspired to make. Meet the newest member of the Amalgamated Order of Real-Bearded Santas. Sure, I'll need to gain weight and grow a beard, but between late-night Chinese delivery and my usual disregard for personal hygiene, I'm confident I can make the cut by December. While this is just a crude mock-up, this is what I expect I'll look like by the time the holidays roll around:



In part, the move will allow me to take an active role in preserving the Holidays, and salvaging Santa in the court of public opinion. However, my motivation has more to do with--you guessed it--comeuppance. Taking on the role of Santa, even if I'll only be one of thousands of active Santas in the country, will allow me to punish the country's population of naughty. I have six months to brainstorm suitable punishments, and since I'm also "greening" my work, I'll be eliminating coal. My first thoughts involve waterboarding and screenings of the upcoming film, "Beverly Hills Chihuahua," but my methods will evolve between now and the end of the year.

2 comments:

PettyRighteousnessGirl said...

Santa,
I've been very, very naughty. I hope you've come up with a proper punishment- hopefully involving ice cream. I love ice cream.
Mrs. Claus

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
___________________
victor
We do your Marketing for best sales